书法课改变Mac
类别:剧情电影
乔布斯旁听书法课,学习字体排印艺术,十年后将其融入Mac设计。
时长 53 秒 · 语速 162 wpm
字幕原文
I decided to take a calligraphy class to learn how to do this. 我决定去上书法课,学习如何做这个。
I learned about serif and sans-serif typefaces, 我学到了关于有衬线和无衬线字体,
about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, 关于如何调整不同字母组合之间的间距,
about what makes great typography great. 关于是什么让优秀的字体排印变得伟大。
It was beautiful, 它很美,
historical, 历史悠久,
artistically subtle in a way 艺术上的精妙之处,
that science can't capture, 是科学无法捕捉的,
and I found it fascinating. 我觉得它引人入胜。
None of this 所有这些
had even a hope of any practical application in my life. 在我的生活中根本没有任何实际应用的希望。
But 10 years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, 但十年后,当我们设计第一台Macintosh电脑时,
it all came back to me. 这所有的一切都回到了我的脑海。
And we designed it all into the Mac. 我们把这一切都融入到Mac中。
It was the first computer with beautiful typography. 它是第一台拥有精美字体排印的电脑。
If I had never dropped in on 如果我从未旁听
that single course in college, 大学里的那一门课,
the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces Mac电脑就永远不会有多种字体
or proportionally spaced fonts. 或者等比例间距的字体。
And since Windows just copied the Mac, 而且由于Windows只是复制了Mac,
it's likely that no personal computer would have them. 很可能任何个人电脑都不会有它们。