乔布斯:辍学与生母
类别:剧情电影
乔布斯在毕业典礼上讲述人生三故事,从辍学经历追溯到其生母决定将其送养的往事。
时长 82 秒 · 语速 167 wpm
字幕原文
I want to tell you three stories from my life. 我想告诉你们我人生中的三个故事。
That's it. 就是这样。
No big deal. 没什么大不了的。
Just three stories. 就只是三个故事。
The first story is about connecting the dots. 第一个故事 是关于把点连接起来的。
I dropped out of Reed College after the first six months 我从里德学院退学了 在最初的六个月后
but then stayed around as a drop-in for another 18 months 但之后又以旁听生的身份待了18个月
or so before I really quit. 左右,在我真正彻底离开之前。
So why'd I drop out? 那么我为什么要退学呢?
It started before I was born. 这在我出生之前就开始了。
My biological mother was a young, unwed graduate student, 我的生母 是一个年轻的未婚研究生,
and she decided to put me up for adoption. 她决定把我送给别人领养。
She felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, 她强烈地认为我应该被大学毕业生领养,
so everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his wife. 所以一切都安排好了 让我在出生时就被一位律师 和他的妻子领养。
Except that when I popped out, 只是当我出生时,
they decided at the last minute that they really wanted a girl. 他们却在最后一刻决定 他们真的想要一个女孩。
So my parents, who were on a waiting list, 所以我的父母,他们当时在等待名单上,
got a call in the middle of the night 在半夜接到一个电话
asking, we've got an unexpected baby boy. 问: 我们有一个意想不到的男婴。
Do you want him? 你们想要他吗?
They said, of course. 他们说: 当然。
My biological mother found out later 我的生母后来发现
that my mother had never graduated from college 我的母亲从未从大学毕业
and that my father had never graduated from high school. 而我的父亲从未从高中毕业。
She refused to sign the final adoption papers. 她拒绝签署最终的领养文件。
She only relented a few months later 她几个月后才让步
when my parents promised that I would go to college. 当我的父母承诺 我会去上大学。
This was the start in my life. 这就是开始 在我的人生中。
And 17 years later, I did go to college. 而17年后, 我确实去上大学了。