死亡提醒助我抉择

类别:剧情电影

乔布斯分享每日自省,以死亡提醒指导人生选择。

时长 88 秒 · 语速 178 wpm

字幕原文

Since then, for the past 33 years, 从那时起,在过去的33年里,

I have looked in the mirror every morning 我每天早上都会照镜子

and asked myself 并问自己

if today were the last day of my life, 如果今天是我生命中的最后一天,

would I want to do what I am about to do today? 我还会想做我今天正准备做的事情吗?

And whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a 每当连续很多天答案都是“不”的时候,

row, 行,

I know I need to change something. 我就知道我需要做出改变了。

Remembering that I'll be dead soon 记住我很快就会死去

is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the 是我遇到过的最重要的工具,它帮助我做出

big choices in life. 人生中的重大选择。

Because almost everything, 因为几乎所有的一切,

all external expectations, all pride, 所有的外界期望,所有的骄傲,

all fear of embarrassment or failure, 所有的对难堪或失败的恐惧,

these things just fall away in the face of death, 在死亡面前都会烟消云散,

leaving only what is truly important. 只剩下真正重要的东西。

Remembering that you are going to die 记住你终将死去

is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you 是我所知的最好的方法,可以避免陷入认为你

have something to lose. 有什么可失去的陷阱。

You are already naked. 你已经赤裸裸了。

There is no reason not to follow your heart. 没有理由不追随你的内心。

About a year ago, 大约一年前,

I was diagnosed with cancer. 我被诊断出患有癌症。

I had a scan at 7.30 in the morning 我在早上7点半做了扫描,

and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. 清楚地显示出我的胰腺上有一个肿瘤。

I didn't even know what a pancreas was. 我甚至不知道胰腺是什么。

The doctors told me 医生告诉我,

this was almost certainly a type of cancer 这几乎肯定是一种癌症,

that is incurable 无法治愈的,

and that I should expect to live no longer 而且我预计活不过

than three to six months. 三到六个月。

My doctor advised me to go home 我的医生建议我回家

and get my affairs in order, 安排好我的后事,

which is doctor's code for prepare to die. 这是医生们委婉的说法,意思是准备好去死。

It means to try and tell your kids everything 这意味着要努力告诉你的孩子们所有的事情,

you thought you'd have the next 10 years to tell them 你原以为你有接下来十年时间告诉他们的,

in just a few months. 在短短几个月内。