牙医拔错牙的尴尬经历

类别:生活日常

牙医在拔牙后不断提问,而患者因嘴里塞满棉球无法回答,只能点头或发出怪声。最后发现牙医拔错了牙,令人哭笑不得。

时长 74 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 118 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 48 Did you want to tell me something? 第48课 您是想告诉我什么吗?

Dentists always ask questions when it is impossible for you to answer. 牙医总在你没法说话的时候问问题。

My dentist had just pulled out one of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while. 我的牙医刚拔了我一颗牙,让我休息一会儿。

I tried to say something, 我想说点什么,

but my mouth was full of cotton wool. 但嘴里塞满了棉球。

He knew I collected matchboxes and asked me whether my collection was growing. 他知道我收集火柴盒,就问我收藏有没有增加。

He then asked me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London. 接着他又问我弟弟怎么样,还问我在伦敦的新工作喜不喜欢。

In answer to these questions, 回答这些问题时,

I either nodded or made strange noises. 我不是点头就是发出奇怪的声音。

Meanwhile, 与此同时,

my tongue was busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been. 我的舌头忙着找那颗牙留下的洞。

I suddenly felt very worried, 我突然很担心,

but could not say anything. 但什么也说不出来。

When the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth, 等牙医终于把棉球从我嘴里拿出来,

I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth. 我才告诉他,他拔错了牙。