上千本书铺满地板,姐姐戏称最漂亮地毯

类别:生活日常

刚搬新家,主人公努力整理房间,却因拥有上千本书且房间狭小,只好暂时将书堆满地板。姐姐帮忙搬书柜时,看到满地书籍,幽默地称赞这是她见过的最漂亮的地毯,并建议主人公闲暇时读地毯。

时长 80 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 123 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 52 A Pretty Carpet We have just moved into a new house, 第52课 一块漂亮的地毯 我们刚搬进一所新房子,

and I have been working hard all morning. 我辛辛苦苦地干了整整一个上午。

I have been trying to get my new room in order. 我一直在试图把我的新房间收拾整齐。

This has not been easy, 这可不是件容易的事,

because I own over a thousand books. 因为我有上千本书。

To make matters worse, 更糟糕的是,

the room is rather small, 房间还特别小,

so I have temporarily put my books on the floor. 所以我暂时把书都堆在地板上了。

At the moment, 这会儿,

they cover every inch of floor space, 书把地板占得满满当当的,

and I actually have to walk on them to get in or out of the room. 我进出房间都得踩在书上走。

A short while ago, 就在刚才,

my sister helped me to carry one of my old bookcases up the stairs. 我姐姐帮我抬了一个旧书柜上楼。

She went into my room and got a big surprise when she saw all those books on the floor. 她走进我的房间,看到满地都是书,大吃一惊。

This is the prettiest carpet I have ever seen, she said. 她说:“这是我见过的最漂亮的地毯。”

She gazed at it for some time, then added, 她盯着看了一会儿,又加了一句,

You don't need bookcases at all. “你根本不需要书柜。

You can sit here in your spare time and read the carpet. 有空的时候你就坐在这儿,读读地毯吧。”