粘糊手指的厨房闹剧

类别:生活日常

早饭后,作者送孩子上学、丈夫上班,家中安静,于是决定做肉馅饼。正忙着搅拌黄油面粉,双手沾满粘糊面团时,电话铃响了,是Helen Bates打来的。作者用粘糊手指接听,费了十分钟才说服她过会儿再打。刚挂电话,门铃又响,邮递员要她签收挂号信,场面一片混乱。

时长 87 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 119 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 54 Sticky Fingers After breakfast, 第54课 粘糊的手指 早饭后

I sent the children to school, 我送孩子们去上学

and then I went to the shops. 然后去了商店

It was still early when I returned home. 回家时时间还早

The children were at school, 孩子们在上学

my husband was at work, 我丈夫在上班

and the house was quiet. 家里很安静

So I decided to make some meat pies. 所以我决定做些肉馅饼

In a short time, 不一会儿

I was busy mixing butter and flour, 我就忙着搅拌黄油和面粉

and my hands were soon covered with sticky pastry. 手上很快就沾满了粘糊糊的面团

At exactly that moment, 就在那时

the telephone rang. 电话铃响了

Nothing could have been more annoying. 没有比这更烦人的了

I picked up the receiver between two sticky fingers and was dismayed 我用两个粘糊糊的手指拿起听筒,吓了一跳

when I recognized the voice of Helen Bates. 听出是Helen Bates的声音

It took me ten minutes to persuade her to ring back later 我花了十分钟才说服她过会儿再打

At last I hung up the receiver What a mess! 终于挂了电话,真是一团糟!

There was pastry on my fingers, 手指上有面团

on the telephone and on the doorknobs I had no sooner got back 电话上和门把手上也有,我刚回到厨房

to the kitchen than the doorbell rang loud enough 门铃就响了,声音大得

to wake the dead This time it was the postman 能把死人吵醒,这次是邮递员

and he wanted me to sign for a registered letter. 他要我签收一封挂号信