委婉推掉

类别:日常生活

朋友委婉拒绝了不适合的集体活动,并欣然接受了更轻松的单独邀约。

时长 41 秒 · 语速 187 wpm

字幕原文

So, are you coming Saturday? 那么,你周六会来吗?

Everyone keeps asking. 大家都一直在问。

Saturday... 周六啊...

what's the plan again? 计划又是什么来着?

Board games at Dana's. 在达娜家玩桌游。

Starts around seven. 大概七点开始。

Oh, right. 哦,对了。

Maybe. 也许吧。

I'll have to see how the week goes. 我得看看这周情况再说。

That's what you said last time. 你上次也是这么说的。

Did I? 是吗?

Okay, that's fair. 嗯,说得对。

You don't have to come. 你不用来。

I just never know if you actually want to or you're being polite. 我就是搞不清你是真想来还是客气。

No, I want to. 不,我是想来的。

It's just — by the weekend I'm kind of running on empty. 只是到了周末,我有点精疲力尽了。

Big group, lots of talking... 人多,话也多...

You don't have to explain. 你不用解释。

I get it more than you think. 我比你想象的更理解。

What about a coffee instead? 那不如我们去喝杯咖啡?

Just the two of us, sometime next week? 就我们俩,下周找个时间?

Now that I'd say yes to without even checking my calendar. 这个我不用看日历都会答应。

Then let's do that. 那我们就这么办吧。

And I'll actually show up to this one. 而且这次我一定会去。