兰迪谈母校与追随热情
类别:剧情电影
兰迪受邀致辞,回顾与母校的缘分,并强调追随热情的重要性。
时长 70 秒 · 语速 168 wpm
字幕原文
I'm glad to be here today. 我是 很高兴今天能来到这里。
Hell, I'm glad to be anywhere today. 说实话,我今天能在哪儿都高兴。
President Cohen asked me to come and give the charge to the graduates. 科恩校长邀请我来 并给毕业生致辞。
I assure you it's 我向你们保证,这
nothing compared to the charge you have just given me. 和你们刚才给我的这份重任相比,根本不算什么。
This is an incredible place. 这里是 一个令人惊叹的地方。
I've seen it through so many lenses. 我曾从这么多不同的角度看待它。
I saw it when I was a graduate student. 我还是研究生的时候就认识它了。
that didn't get admitted, 当时我没能被录取,
and then somebody invited me back and said, okay, we'll change our mind. And I saw it as a place 后来有人 邀请我回来,说,好吧,我们改变主意了。 我也把它看作是一个地方,
that hired me back to be on the faculty many years later, 它 很多年以后重新聘用我担任教职,
and then gave me the chance to do what anybody 然后给了我机会去做任何人都
wants to do, which is follow their passion, 想做的事情,那就是 追随他们的热情,
follow their heart, and do the things they're excited about. 追随他们的内心,做让他们充满激情的事情。
And the great thing about this university, unlike almost the other ones I know of, 这所大学最棒的一点是,和几乎所有我 知道的其他大学不同的是,
Nobody gets in your way 没有人会阻碍你
when you try to do it. 当你努力去做的时候。
And that's just fantastic. 这简直太棒了。
And to the degree that a human being can love an institution, 如果一个人能爱一个机构的话,
I love this place. 我爱这个地方。
And I love all of the people. 我爱这里的所有人。
And I'm very grateful to Jerry Cohen and everyone else 我非常感谢杰瑞·科恩 以及所有其他人,
for all the kindness that have been shown me. 感谢他们对我展现的所有善意。