飞机噪音逼疯居民,坚守家园不搬离

类别:生活日常

讲述者住在机场附近,日夜受飞机噪音困扰,上百人被迫搬离,但他拒绝高价补偿坚持留下,被他人认为疯了。

时长 61 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 113 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 21. 第21课

Mad or not? 疯了没?

Aeroplanes are slowly driving me mad. 飞机正慢慢把我逼疯。

I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night and day. 我住在一个机场附近,日夜都能听到过往的飞机声。

The airport was built years ago, 机场是多年前建的,

but for some reason it could not be used then. 但当时因为某些原因没投入使用。

Last year, however, 不过去年,

it came into use. 它开始用了。

Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their homes by the noise I am one 估计有上百人因为噪音被迫搬离了家,我是少数留下的之一。

of the few people left Sometimes I think this house will be knocked down 有时候我觉得这房子会被过往的飞机撞塌。

by a passing plane I have been offered a large sum of money to go away 有人出高价让我搬走,

But I am determined to stay here Everybody says I must be mad 但我铁了心要留在这儿。大家都说我肯定疯了,

And they are probably right Ciao. 他们可能说得对。拜拜。