英国人说的英语为何听不懂

类别:生活日常

作者初到伦敦,在火车站向搬运工问路,尽管他小心清晰地说英语,搬运工却听不懂。搬运工回答时语速快且含糊,作者同样困惑。两人相视而笑后,搬运工安慰说很快就能学会英语,但作者感叹英国人各自说着不同的语言,质疑他们说的到底是不是英语。

时长 91 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 96 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 25. 第25课

Do the English speak English? 英国人说的是英语吗?

I arrived in London at last. 我终于到了伦敦。

The railway station was big, 火车站很大,

black and dark. 又黑又暗。

I did not know the way to my hotel, 我不知道去酒店的路,

so I asked a porter. 所以问了一个搬运工。

I not only spoke English very carefully, 我不仅说英语说得很小心,

but very clearly as well. 而且说得也很清楚。

The porter, however, 可是,那个搬运工

could not understand me. 听不懂我的话。

I repeated my question several times, 我把问题重复了几遍,

and at last he understood. 他终于明白了。

He answered me, 他回答了我,

but he spoke neither slowly nor clearly. 但他说得既不慢也不清楚。

I am a foreigner, I said. 我说,我是个外国人。

Then he spoke slowly, 于是他说得慢了,

but I could not understand him. 可我还是听不懂。

My teacher never spoke English like that The porter and I looked at each other 我的老师从没那样说过英语。搬运工和我互相看了看,

and smiled Then he said something and I understood it You'll soon learn English, 笑了。然后他说了点什么,我听懂了。他说,你很快就会学会英语的。

he said I wonder In England, 我想,在英国,

each person speaks a different language The English understand each other 每个人说的语言都不一样。英国人互相能听懂,

But I don't understand them. 但我听不懂他们。

Do they speak English? 他们说的是英语吗?