求婚
类别:经典文学
罗切斯特先生在一番试探后向简求婚,简坚持自我平等,最终接受了这份爱。
时长 63 秒 · 语速 176 wpm
字幕原文
Mr. Rochester led Jane into the garden. 罗切斯特先生带着简走进花园。
The evening was warm, and the air smelled of flowers, 傍晚很暖和,空气中弥漫着花香,
but his words were strange and testing. 但他的话语却奇怪而试探。
Soon I will marry, he said. “我很快就要结婚了,”他说。
You must leave Thornfield and find a new home far away. “你必须离开桑菲尔德,到很远的地方去寻找新家。”
Jane's heart broke, and she could not hide it. 简心碎了,她无法掩饰。
Then I must go, she said, tears in her eyes. “那我必须走了,”她含着泪说。
Do you think that because I am poor and plain, I have no feelings? “你是不是认为,因为我贫穷又相貌平平,就没有感情?”
I have a heart just as you do. “我有一颗心,就像你一样。”
I am not a machine. “我不是一台机器。”
I am a free human being with my own soul. “我是一个有自己灵魂的自由人。”
Mr. Rochester took her hand. 罗切斯特先生握住了她的手。
Then stay with me, he said. “那么,留在我身边吧,”他说。
Jane, I do not love Blanche. “简,我不爱布兰奇。”
I love you. “我爱你。”
Only you. “只有你。”
Will you marry me? “你愿意嫁给我吗?”
Jane could hardly believe it. 简简直不敢相信。
You are joking, she whispered. “你在开玩笑吧,”她低声说。
You want to marry me? “你要娶我?”
With all my heart, he said. “我真心实意,”他说。
You are my equal. “你与我平等。”
Say yes. “说‘我愿意’。”
And Jane said yes. 简说“我愿意”。
Two people are truly equal only when they meet, soul to soul, as they really are. 两个人只有当他们灵魂相通,以真实的自我相遇时,才是真正平等的。
Jane was happier than she had ever been. 简感到前所未有的幸福。
But happiness at Thornfield never lasted long. 然而,桑菲尔德的幸福从未长久。