树洞里的礼物

类别:儿童故事

两个孩子在老橡树的树洞里陆续发现神秘礼物,好奇是谁在默默地传递善意。

时长 60 秒 · 语速 185 wpm

字幕原文

There was an old oak tree near the edge of the Radley yard. 拉德利家院子边缘附近有一棵老橡树。

One day, walking home from school, I noticed something in a hole in the trunk. 有一天,我放学回家时,注意到树干上的一个洞里有些东西。

It was two pieces of chewing gum. 那是两块口香糖。

I was a little scared, but I took them. 我有点害怕,但我还是拿走了它们。

A few days later, we looked again. 几天后,我们又去看了看。

This time we found two shiny old coins, wrapped up with care. 这次我们发现了两枚闪闪发光的旧硬币,它们被小心地包着。

After that, more little gifts appeared. 之后,更多的小礼物出现了。

We found a ball of string. 我们发现了一个线球。

We found two small dolls carved from soap—one 我们发现了两个用肥皂雕刻的小玩偶——其中一个

that looked like a boy, 看起来像个男孩,

and one like a girl. 另一个像个女孩。

They looked just like Jem and me! 它们看起来就像杰姆和我!

Someone was leaving these presents for us. 有人在给我们留下这些礼物。

But who? 可是谁呢?

And why? 为什么呢?

"Maybe it's a secret friend," I said. “也许是个秘密朋友,”我说。

Jem grew quiet. 杰姆安静了下来。

He was starting to guess the truth, though he did not say it out loud. 他开始猜到真相了,尽管他没有说出来。

Sometimes kindness comes from the very person we were taught to fear. 有时候,善意恰恰来自于我们被教导要害怕的人。

We loved our little tree-hole treasures. 我们喜欢我们的小树洞宝藏。

Each one felt like a message we could not quite read. 每一个都像一条我们无法完全解读的信息。

So we decided to leave a thank-you note in the hole. 所以我们决定在洞里留下一张感谢信。

But when we came back, something had changed. 但是当我们回来时,有些东西变了。