靠近拉德利家

类别:经典文学

孩子们挑战靠近拉德利家,模仿布·拉德利,被阿提克斯批评后,在树洞里发现神秘物品。

时长 61 秒 · 语速 180 wpm

字幕原文

Jem did not want to look like a coward. 杰姆不想看起来像个懦夫。

So, one afternoon, he took the dare. 于是,一天下午,他接受了挑战。

Slowly, the three of us crept toward the Radley house. 我们三人悄悄地走向拉德利家。

My heart was beating fast. 我的心跳得很快。

Every step felt dangerous. 每一步都感觉很危险。

The dark windows seemed to watch us. 那些黑洞洞的窗户似乎在盯着我们。

Jem ran up, touched the wall, and raced back. 杰姆跑上前,摸了摸墙,然后飞快地跑了回来。

"I did it!" “我做到了!”

he cried, out of breath. 他气喘吁吁地喊道。

We were sure we saw a curtain move inside. 我们确信看到里面有窗帘动了一下。

Someone was watching us! 有人在看着我们!

We screamed and ran home as fast as we could. 我们尖叫着,以最快的速度跑回了家。

After that, we grew braver and more foolish. 从那以后,我们变得更勇敢,也更愚蠢了。

We made up plays about Boo Radley. 我们编排了关于布·拉德利的戏剧。

We acted out his scary life for fun. 我们为了好玩,把他的恐怖生活演了出来。

We even tried to leave him a note on a long stick. 我们甚至试着用一根长棍子给他留了张纸条。

But Atticus caught us, and he was not happy. 但阿蒂克斯抓住了我们,他很不高兴。

"Stop bothering that poor man," he said firmly. “别再打扰那个可怜的人了,”他坚定地说。

"How would you like it if people made a game of you? “如果别人拿你开玩笑,你会有什么感受?

Leave Boo Radley alone." 别管布·拉德利了。”

Kindness begins the moment we imagine how another person feels. 善良始于我们设想他人感受的那一刻。

We felt ashamed. 我们感到羞愧。

But we could not stop being curious. 但我们无法停止好奇。

Then, one day, we found something strange in an old oak tree. 后来,有一天,我们在一棵老橡树里发现了一些奇怪的东西。