沙漠中的声音

类别:经典文学

飞行员在撒哈拉沙漠坠机,感到孤独无助。一个神秘的小男孩突然出现,请求他画一只羊。

时长 72 秒 · 语速 153 wpm

字幕原文

For years, I flew my plane all over the world. 多年来,我开着我的飞机飞遍了全世界。

Flying was useful, just as the grown-ups had wanted. 飞行很有用,正如大人们所希望的那样。

But I still felt alone. 但是我仍然感到孤独。

I had no one to talk to, no one who really understood me. 我没有人可以说话,没有人真正理解我。

Then, one night, something went wrong. 接着,一天晚上,出事了。

I was flying over the Sahara Desert when my engine broke. 我正飞越撒哈拉沙漠时,我的发动机坏了。

I had to land on the empty sand. 我只好降落在空旷的沙地上。

There was no town, 没有城镇,

no water, 没有水,

no people. 没有人。

Only me, 只有我,

my broken plane, 我那架坏了的飞机,

and a thousand miles of sand. 和绵延千里的沙海。

I had water for only a few days. 我只有够喝几天的水。

I knew I had to fix the engine fast, or I would die of thirst. 我知道我必须尽快修好发动机,否则我就会渴死。

So I lay down and slept, more alone than a sailor lost at sea. 于是我躺下睡了,比一个迷失在海上的水手还要孤独。

At sunrise, a strange little voice woke me up. 太阳升起时,一个奇怪的小声音把我叫醒了。

Please, it said, draw me a sheep. 它说:“请给我画一只羊。”

I jumped up. 我猛地跳了起来。

I could not believe my ears. 我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. 我揉了揉眼睛,四下张望。

There, in the middle of the empty desert, stood a little boy. 在空旷的沙漠中央,站着一个小男孩。

He was watching me seriously. 他严肃地看着我。

Where had he come from? 他是从哪里来的?

How could a child be here, so far from anywhere? 一个孩子怎么会在这里,离任何地方都那么远呢?