失败的益处:剥离不重要,找到真我

类别:剧情电影

罗琳讲述失败如何让她剥离不重要,专注真我并最终成功。

时长 77 秒 · 语速 155 wpm

字幕原文

So why do I talk 那么我为什么要谈论呢?

about the benefits of failure? 失败的好处呢?

Simply because failure 仅仅因为失败

meant a stripping away of the inessential. 意味着剥离了那些不重要的东西。

I stopped pretending to myself 我不再自欺欺人

that I was anything 以为自己是什么

other than what I was 异于我本来的样子

and began to direct all my energy 并开始将我所有的精力

into finishing the only work 投入到完成唯一的工作中

that mattered to me. 那对我而言至关重要。

Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the 如果我真的在其他任何事情上成功了,我可能永远也找不到

determination 决心

to succeed in the one arena 在那个领域取得成功

where I believed I truly belonged. 我相信我真正属于那里。

I was set free 我获得了自由

because my greatest fear had been realized 因为我最大的恐惧已经实现

and I was still alive 而我仍然活着

and I still had a daughter 而且我还有一个女儿

whom I adored 我深爱着她

and I had an old typewriter 我还有一台旧打字机

and a big idea. 和一个宏大的想法。

And so rock bottom 于是,谷底

became the solid foundation 变成了坚实的基础

on which I rebuilt my life. 我在此之上重建了我的生活。

You might never fail on the scale I did, 你可能永远不会像我一样经历如此大规模的失败,

but some failure in life 但生活中的某些失败

is inevitable. 是不可避免的。

It is impossible to live without failing at something 不经历失败而生活是不可能的

unless you live so cautiously 除非你活得如此小心翼翼

that you might as well not have lived at all, 以至于你可能根本就没有活过,

in which case 在那种情况下

you fail by default. 你就默认失败了。

Failure gave me an inner security 失败给了我一种内在的安全感

that I had never attained by passing examinations. 那是我通过考试从未获得过的。

Failure taught me things about myself 失败教会了我一些关于我自己的事情

that I could have learned no other way. 是我无法通过其他方式学到的。