我的史诗级失败

类别:剧情电影

罗琳探讨失败的定义,并分享她毕业后经历的个人困境。

时长 87 秒 · 语速 160 wpm

字幕原文

You might be driven by a fear of failure 你可能被对失败的恐惧所驱使,

quite as much as a desire for success. 就像对成功的渴望一样强烈。

Indeed, your conception of failure 事实上,你对失败的理解

might not be too far removed from the average person's idea of success. 可能与普通人对成功的定义相去不远。

So high have you already flown. 你已经飞得如此之高。

Ultimately, 最终,

we all have to decide for ourselves what constitutes failure. 我们都必须自己决定什么才算失败。

But the world is quite eager to give you a set of criteria 但世界却很乐意为你提供一套标准,

if you let it. 如果你允许它这样做的话。

So I think it fair to say 所以我认为可以公平地说,

that by any conventional measure, 按照任何传统标准来看,

a mere seven years after my graduation day, 在我毕业仅仅七年之后,

I had failed 我失败了,

on an epic scale. 达到了史诗般的程度。

An exceptionally short-lived marriage had imploded, 一段异常短暂的婚姻破裂了,

and I was jobless, 我失业了,

a lone parent, 成了一个单亲家长,

and as poor as it is possible to be in modern Britain 在现代英国,我穷得不能再穷了,

without being homeless. 只是没有无家可归而已。

The fears that my parents had had for me 我父母曾为我担心的事,

and that I had had for myself 以及我自己对自己的担忧,

had both come to pass. 都应验了。

And by every usual standard, 按照所有常规标准,

I was the biggest failure I knew. 我是我所认识的最大失败者。

Now, I'm not going to stand here 现在,我不会站在这里

and tell you that failure is fun. 告诉你失败是件乐事。

That period of my life was a dark one. 那是我人生中的一段黑暗时期。

And I had no idea 我当时并不知道

that there was going to be what the press has 会有媒体后来所称的

since represented 并将其描绘成

as a kind of fairy tale resolution. 一种童话般的结局。

I had no idea then 那时我完全不知道

how far the tunnel extended. 隧道的尽头还有多远。

And for a long time, 很长一段时间里,

any light at the end of it was a hope. 尽头的任何光亮都只是一种希望,

rather than a reality. 而不是现实。