凌晨爬窗被警察抓现行

类别:生活日常

凌晨两点回家忘带钥匙,爬梯子想从卧室窗户进屋,却被警察撞见。警察讽刺说半夜不用擦窗户,主角嘴硬称喜欢晚上擦窗,最终被要求去警局。幸好喊声吵醒妻子,及时解围。

时长 92 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 123 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 92 Asking for Trouble It must have been about two 第12课 自找麻烦

in the morning when I returned home. 我回到家时,大概是凌晨两点左右。

I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, 我按门铃想叫醒老婆,

but she was fast asleep. 可她睡得死沉。

So I got a ladder from the shed in the garden, 于是我从花园棚子里搬来梯子,

put it against the wall, 把它靠在墙上,

and began climbing towards the bedroom window. 开始往卧室窗户爬。

I was almost there when a sarcastic voice below said, 快爬到的时候,下面传来一个阴阳怪气的声音:

I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of night. “我觉得这大半夜的,窗户不用擦。”

I looked down and nearly fell off the ladder when I saw a policeman. 我低头一看,差点从梯子上摔下来——是个警察。

I immediately regretted answering in the way I did, 我立马后悔刚才那么回话,

but I said, 但还是嘴硬道:

I enjoy cleaning windows at night. “我就喜欢晚上擦窗户。”

So do I, “我也一样,”

answered the policeman in the same tone. 警察用同样的语气回了一句。

Excuse my interrupting you. “打扰一下啊。

I hate to interrupt a man when he's busy working. 我最讨厌打断别人干活了。

But would you mind coming with me to the station? 不过,你介不介意跟我去趟警局?”

Well, “呃,

I'd prefer to stay here, I said. 我宁愿待这儿。”我说。

You see, I've forgotten my key. “你看,我忘带钥匙了。”

Your what? “你什么?”

he called. 他喊道。

My key! “钥匙!”

I shouted. 我大声说。

Fortunately, 还好,

a shouting woke up my wife, 这一喊把我老婆吵醒了,

who opened the window just as the policeman had started to climb towards me. 就在警察开始往我这边爬的时候,她打开了窗户。