毛毛虫的忠告

类别:儿童故事

爱丽丝遇到一只抽烟的毛毛虫,毛毛虫问她是谁,爱丽丝困惑于自己身份的多次变化。

时长 71 秒 · 语速 162 wpm

字幕原文

Alice ran until she was quite tired. 爱丽丝一直跑到精疲力尽。

The first thing I must do, she said to herself, 我首先要做的是, 她对自己说,

is to grow to my right size again. 就是重新长到我应有的大小。

She looked all around at the flowers and the grass 她环顾四周的花朵 和草地

but saw nothing suitable to eat or drink. 却没找到任何可吃的东西 或喝的。

Then she saw a large mushroom growing near her. 接着她看到身边长着一个大蘑菇,

about the same height as herself. 和她身高相仿。

She stood on tiptoe and peeped over the edge. 她踮起脚尖,探头往边缘里瞧。

Her eyes immediately met those of a large blue caterpillar, 她立刻看到一只蓝色大毛毛虫,

sitting on the top with its arms folded, 它正坐在上面,双臂交叉,

quietly smoking a long pipe and taking no notice of her. 安静地抽着一根长烟斗 对她视而不见。

For some time they looked at each other in silence. 他们默默地对视了片刻。

At last the caterpillar took the pipe out of its mouth 最后,毛毛虫把烟斗从嘴里拿出来

and addressed her in a sleepy voice, Who are you? 用睡意朦胧的声音对她说道, 你是谁?

This was not an encouraging opening. 这开场白可不怎么令人振奋。

Alice replied shyly, I hardly know, sir, at present. 爱丽丝羞怯地回答:“先生,我现在几乎不认识自己了。”

I know who I was when I got up this morning, 我知道我以前是谁, 今天早上我起床的时候,

but I think I must have been changed several times since then. 但我肯定我已经变了好几次了 从那时起。

What do you mean by that? said the caterpillar sternly. 你这是什么意思? 毛毛虫严厉地说。

Explain yourself. 解释清楚。

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir, said Alice, because I'm not myself, you see. 爱丽丝说:“先生,恐怕我无法解释自己,因为你看,我已不是我了。”