站在布的角度
类别:经典文学
小女孩斯各特理解了布·拉德利,认识到他如嘲鸟般无害,并学会了站在他人角度看世界,从而获得成长。
时长 61 秒 · 语速 177 wpm
字幕原文
I looked up at my father. 我抬头看着我的父亲。
"Yes, I understand," I said. “是的,我明白了。”我说。
"Telling the whole town about Boo would be like hurting a mockingbird. “把布的事情告诉全镇的人,就像伤害一只知更鸟。
And that would be wrong." 那样做是错的。”
Atticus had once taught us a simple thing: mockingbirds do no harm. 阿蒂克斯曾教过我们一个简单的道理:知更鸟从不伤人。
They only sing to make the world beautiful. 它们唱歌只是为了让世界更美好。
So it is a sin to hurt one. 所以伤害它们是一种罪过。
Boo was like a mockingbird—gentle, harmless, and full of quiet goodness. 布就像一只知更鸟——温柔、无害,内心充满了安静的善良。
Then I took Boo's hand and walked him home. 接着我牵着布的手,送他回家。
At his door, he smiled softly and went inside. 在他家门口,他轻轻地笑了笑,然后走了进去。
I never saw him again. 我再也没有见过他。
But before I left, I stood for a moment on the Radley porch, 但在我离开之前,我在拉德利家的门廊上站了一会儿,
and I looked out at the street. 望着街上。
I saw my own house, the school, our whole neighborhood—but now from Boo's side. 我看到了自己的家、学校、我们整个社区——但现在是从布的角度。
And suddenly I understood. 突然间,我明白了。
For years, Boo had watched us grow up from right here. 多年来,布一直从这里看着我们长大。
He had seen the world through these eyes. 他曾用这双眼睛看世界。
You never truly know people until you stand where they stand and see what they see. 除非你站在他们所站的地方,看到他们所看到的一切,否则你永远无法真正了解一个人。
That night, at last, I grew up. 那个晚上,我终于长大了。
And I never forgot what Atticus had taught me. 我也从未忘记阿蒂克斯教给我的一切。