见到布

类别:经典文学

叙述者首次认识布·拉德利,发现他并非怪物,而是一个善良的守护者,并反思了对未知事物的恐惧。

时长 56 秒 · 语速 197 wpm

字幕原文

For the first time, I truly looked at Boo Radley. 我第一次真正地看到了布·拉德利。

He was not a monster at all. 他根本不是什么怪物。

He was a shy, kind, lonely man who had spent his whole life hidden away. 他是一个害羞、善良、孤独的人,一生都躲藏着。

For years, Jem and I had feared him and made a game of him. 多年来,杰姆和我一直害怕他,还拿他开玩笑。

But all along, Boo had been our silent friend. 但一直以来,布都是我们默默的朋友。

He had left us little gifts in the tree. 他在树洞里给我们留下了小礼物。

He had watched us play from his window. 他从窗户里看着我们玩耍。

And in the end, he had risked his life to save us. 最后,他冒着生命危险救了我们。

Boo did not say much. 布话不多。

He seemed nervous around people, as if the world was too loud and bright for him. 他在人群中显得很紧张,仿佛这个世界对他来说太吵太亮了。

But he gently touched Jem's hair, and I saw how much he cared. 但他轻轻地摸了摸杰姆的头发,我看到了他有多么关心我们。

I finally saw that Boo had been giving us his quiet love all along. 我终于明白,布一直都在默默地爱着我们。

We had simply been too afraid to notice it. 我们只是太害怕了,没有注意到。

We spend so much time fearing others that we miss the good hidden right beside us. 我们花了太多时间去害怕别人,以至于错过了身边隐藏的美好。

In the next room, I could hear Atticus and the sheriff beginning to argue. 在隔壁房间,我能听到阿蒂克斯和警长开始争论。

They were deciding what to tell the town—and their choice would decide Boo's future. 他们正在决定要告诉镇上的人什么——他们的选择将决定布的未来。