租车来开

类别:日常生活

文章探讨了租车(leasing)的含义、优缺点,并与购车进行对比,指出选择取决于个人价值观。

时长 56 秒 · 语速 191 wpm

字幕原文

More and more people today don't buy their cars — they lease them. 如今越来越多的人不买车,而是租车。

But what does leasing really mean? 但租车到底意味着什么呢?

Leasing is basically long-term renting, usually for two to four years. 租车基本上就是长期租赁,通常为两到四年。

You pay the leasing company a fixed amount each month to drive a car they own. 你每月向租赁公司支付固定金额,以驾驶他们拥有的汽车。

You still pay for insurance and maintenance, 你仍然需要支付保险和保养费用,

and you must cover any damage. 并且必须承担任何损坏。

Its appeal is clear: 它的吸引力很明显:

the monthly payments are lower, 每月付款额较低,

and you always get to drive a newer car with fewer repairs. 而且你总能开上更新的、维修次数更少的车。

But there is a catch worth understanding. 但其中有一个值得了解的陷阱。

When you buy a car, the loan eventually ends, and the car is yours, payment-free. 当你买车时,贷款最终会结束,车就完全属于你,无需再付款。

When you lease, most people just turn the car in 而当你租车时,大多数人只是把车还回去

and lease another — 然后再租一辆——

which means the payments never stop. 这意味着付款永无止境。

So leasing can feel cheaper month to month, yet cost more in the long run. 所以,租车可能每月感觉更便宜,但从长远来看却花费更多。

Neither choice is wrong; it depends on what you value. 两种选择都没有错;这取决于你重视什么。

Just know what you are really signing up for. 只要清楚你真正选择的是什么。

Lower payments that never end, 永无止境的较低付款,

or higher payments that one day stop — 还是有一天会停止的较高付款——

that is the real question hiding behind "buy or lease." 这才是“买” 还是“租”背后隐藏的真正问题。