监狱门前

类别:经典文学

Atticus在监狱外守护Tom Robinson,一群暴徒欲行不轨。小女孩Scout的纯真话语唤醒良知,化解危机。

时长 61 秒 · 语速 178 wpm

字幕原文

The night before the trial, 审判前一晚,

Atticus took a chair and a lamp 阿蒂克斯带着一把椅子和一盏灯

and drove to the town jail. 开车去了镇上的监狱。

Tom Robinson was locked inside. 汤姆·鲁滨逊被关在里面。

Atticus sat outside the door, quietly reading, guarding him. 阿蒂克斯坐在门外,安静地看书,守护着他。

Jem, Dill, and I sneaked out to see what he was doing. 杰姆、迪尔和我偷偷溜出去看他在做什么。

From the shadows, we watched. 我们从阴影中观察着。

Then a group of men arrived in cars. 接着,一群男人乘车赶来。

They walked toward Atticus, and their faces were hard and angry. 他们走向阿蒂克斯,脸上带着僵硬而愤怒的表情。

They wanted to hurt Tom before the trial could even begin. 他们想在审判开始前伤害汤姆。

"Step aside, Mr. Finch," one of them said. “芬奇先生,让开!”其中一人说道。

I was afraid, but I ran out into the light. 我很害怕,但我还是跑到了亮光下。

I did not fully understand the danger. 我没有完全理解危险。

I only saw a man I knew in the crowd. 我只看到人群中一个我认识的人。

"Hello, Mr. Cunningham," I said. “你好,坎宁安先生,”我说。

"How is your son? “你儿子好吗?

Tell him I said hi." 替我向他问好。”

The man went quiet. 那个男人沉默了。

My simple, friendly words seemed to wake him up. 我简单友好的话语似乎唤醒了他。

He looked around, ashamed. 他羞愧地环顾四周。

Then he told the others to go home. 然后他让其他人回家。

And they did. 他们照做了。

A child's honest words can reach a heart that anger has closed. 孩子真诚的话语可以触及被愤怒封闭的心。

Atticus put his hand on my head. 阿蒂克斯把手放在我的头上。

The next morning, the trial began. 第二天早上,审判开始了。