驾照考试中的惊险刹车测试

类别:生活日常

第三次考驾照的Eames先生在繁忙车流中顺利驾驶后,考官要求模拟儿童突然横穿马路的情景。尽管考官敲窗提示,Eames反应迟缓,猛踩刹车导致两人前冲,最终被告知“撞死了孩子”,考试失败。

时长 82 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 121 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 69. 第69课。

But not murder. 但不是谋杀。

I was being tested for a driving license for the third time. 这是我第三次考驾照了。

I had been asked to drive in heavy traffic and had done so successfully. 我被要求在繁忙的车流中驾驶,而且开得挺顺利。

After having been instructed to drive out of town, 被指示开出城后,

I began to acquire confidence. 我开始有了信心。

Sure that I had passed, 确信自己已经通过了,

I was almost beginning to enjoy my test. 我几乎开始享受这场考试了。

The examiner must have been pleased with my performance, 考官肯定对我的表现很满意,

for he smiled and said, 因为他笑着说:

Just one more thing, Mr Eames. 还有一件事,Eames先生。

Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you. 假设有个小孩突然在你前面横穿马路。

As soon as I tap on the window, 我一敲车窗,

you must stop within five feet. 你必须在五英尺内停下来。

I continued driving, 我继续开着车,

and after some time, 过了一会儿,

the examiner tapped loudly. 考官重重地敲了一下。

Though the sound could be heard clearly, 虽然声音听得清清楚楚,

it took me a long time to react. 但我反应了好一阵子。

I suddenly pressed the brake pedal hard and we were both thrown forward. 我突然猛踩刹车,我们俩都往前冲了一下。

The examiner looked at me sadly. 考官难过地看着我。

Mr Eames, Eames先生,

he said in a mournful voice, 他用悲伤的语气说:

you have just killed that child. 你刚刚把那个孩子撞死了。