万圣节之夜
类别:现代小说
万圣节之夜,主人公和Jem回家路上遭遇袭击,幸得神秘人相救。
时长 66 秒 · 语速 172 wpm
字幕原文
On Halloween night, our school held a big party. 万圣节那天晚上,我们学校举办了一个大型派对。
I was in a play, dressed in a large, stiff costume shaped like a ham. 我参演了一个话剧,穿着一件又大又硬、形状像火腿的戏服。
It was funny, but I could barely see or move inside it. 那很有趣,但我几乎看不见也动不了。
When the party ended, it was very late and very dark. 派对结束时,天色已晚,一片漆黑。
Jem walked me home through the woods. 杰姆送我穿过树林回家。
We had no light, so we felt our way along the path. 我们没有灯,所以我们摸索着沿着小路走。
Halfway home, we heard a noise behind us. 走到一半时,我们听到身后有声音。
We stopped. 我们停了下来。
The noise stopped too. 声音也停了。
"It's just Cecil," Jem said, trying to catch a friend playing a trick. “只是塞西尔,”杰姆说,想抓到是哪个朋友在搞恶作剧。
But no one answered. 但没有人回应。
Then, suddenly, footsteps ran at us out of the dark. 然后,突然,脚步声从黑暗中朝我们冲过来。
Someone grabbed me. 有人抓住了我。
My stiff costume was crushed around me. 我那硬邦邦的戏服被压得紧紧地裹在我身上。
Jem screamed and fought to pull the attacker away. 杰姆尖叫着,奋力想把袭击者拉开。
I heard a terrible struggle in the blackness. 我听到黑暗中传来一阵可怕的搏斗声。
Jem cried out in pain. 杰姆痛苦地叫了一声。
Then there was another shape, a fourth person, and more fighting. 然后又出现了一个身影,第四个人,接着是更多的打斗。
Fear is worst in the dark, when you cannot see what is reaching for you. 恐惧在黑暗中最为可怕,当你看不见有什么东西在向你伸来时。
Something heavy fell to the ground. 有什么重物掉到了地上。
Then, at last, everything went still. 然后,终于,一切都安静了下来。
Someone was carrying Jem toward our house. 有人正把杰姆抬向我们家。
But who had saved us? 但谁救了我们呢?