生病该来上班吗?
类别:商业职场
厨师本生病仍坚持上班,同事史蒂夫劝他回家休息,避免传播病菌,最终本同意回家。
时长 42 秒 · 语速 187 wpm
字幕原文
Ben works as a cook in a cafe. 本在一家咖啡馆当厨师。
As he prepares a lunch order, he coughs and sneezes. 当他准备午餐订单时,他咳嗽又打喷嚏。
He has a bad cold, but he came to work anyway. 他得了重感冒,但他还是来上班了。
Steve, a waiter, comes to pick up the order. 服务员史蒂夫过来取餐。
Ben, you're sick, he says. “本,你病了,”他说。
You should go home. “你应该回家。”
You're spreading germs everywhere, even onto people's food. “你把细菌散播得到处都是,甚至到人们的食物上。”
More people will get sick. “会有更多人因此生病。”
I don't feel good, Ben says, but I want to work. “我感觉不舒服,”本说,“但我想工作。”
I have bills to pay. “我还有账单要付。”
I understand why you came in, says Steve, “我理解你为什么来上班,”史蒂夫说,
but this is a time to stay home. “但现在是该待在家的时候。”
Come back when you feel better. “等你感觉好些了再回来。”
Ben nods. Okay, I'll go home and rest and let Sam know I'm leaving. 本点点头。 “好吧, 我回家休息,并告诉萨姆我要走了。”
Coming to work sick can feel like the responsible thing. 带病上班可能感觉像是在负责任。
Sometimes the responsible thing is to go home. 有时候,负责任的做法是回家休息。