美国人朋友减少:线上社交难解孤独危机
类别:时事新闻
访谈中探讨美国人朋友数量减少的趋势,数据显示过去20年面对面社交时间下降近30%,15-24岁下降70%。同时,没有亲密朋友的比例从3%升至12%。尽管数字工具增多,人们反而更难建立真实连接,引发对社交本质的思考。
时长 116 秒 · 口音 美式 · 语速 155 wpm
字幕原文
It seems like an interesting way to learn about the human brain 这倒是个挺有意思的方式来了解人脑
and what we actually care about with respect to what feels real. 以及我们真正在乎啥,跟什么感觉真实有关。
I was wondering about, 我就在琢磨一件事儿,
there was this moment in an interview that you did with Lex Friedman. 就是你跟Lex Friedman那次访谈里头有个瞬间。
You quoted research that says 你引用了研究说
that the average American has fewer friends now than they did 15 years ago. 现在美国人平均朋友数比15年前少了。
And I was so interested in that because it seems like if we want to get 我特别感兴趣,因为感觉要是想
to a world where there's more human connection. 让世界多点人情味儿,
This is the trend that we're gonna have to grapple with. 这个趋势咱们就得好好琢磨。
And just to give some data on this, 再给你点数据吧,
in the American Time Use Survey, 在美国时间使用调查里头,
over the last 20 years, 过去20年,
the amount of time American adults spend socializing in person has dropped by nearly 30%. 美国成年人面对面社交的时间少了将近30%。
For ages 15 to 24, 15到24岁这块儿,
according to the Surgeon General, 根据卫生局局长的说法,
it's nearly 70%. 少了差不多70%。
And I look at that data and I think to myself, well, 我看这数据就自个儿琢磨,嗯,
maybe if we're all socializing digitally, 要是大家都改成线上社交了,
that doesn't matter so much. 那可能也没啥大不了的。
Maybe there's a future where that's actually fine. 说不定未来这样也挺好。
But there's also data that suggests that we're struggling somewhat. 但又有数据说咱们其实有点吃力。
The number of Americans who say that they don't have a single close friend, 说自个儿一个知心朋友都没有的美国人,
that share has jumped from 3% to 12% in the last 30 years. 这比例在过去30年里从3%蹦到了12%。
It feels to me like with all the tools that we've built for human connection, 我就觉得,咱们明明造了那么多联系人的工具,
we're struggling to connect. 可反而连不上了。
And I'm curious, 我挺好奇的,
why do you think that's happening? 你觉得这是为啥?
I mean, 我是说,
there's a lot going on to unpack there. 这里头能掰扯的东西太多了。
A lot has changed sort of economically and socially during that period. 那段时间经济和社会都变了不少。
And a lot of those trends go back before a lot of the modern technology. 而且很多趋势在现代化技术出来之前就有了。
So, I mean, 所以,我是说,
this is something that a lot of academics and folks have studied. 这事儿好多学者和专家都研究过。
But it is an interesting lens to look at this though 不过从这个角度看确实挺有意思的。