为登头条伊斯梅催提速
类别:经典电影
伊斯梅先生为制造新闻头条,施压史密斯船长将泰坦尼克号开到最大速度。
时长 47 秒 · 语速 169 wpm
字幕原文
Countess? 伯爵夫人?
So you've not yet lit the last four boilers? 这么说,你还没点燃最后四台锅炉?
No, I don't see the need. 不,我看没必要。
We are making excellent time. 我们航行得很顺利。
The press knows the size of Titanic. 媒体都知道泰坦尼克号的尺寸。
Now I want them to marvel at her speed. 现在我想让他们惊叹于她的速度。
We must give them something new to print. 我们必须给他们一些新东西来报道。
This maiden voyage of Titanic must make headlines. 泰坦尼克号的这次处女航必须登上头条。
Mr. Ismay. 伊斯梅先生。
I would prefer not to push the engines 我宁愿不让引擎超负荷运转
until they've been properly run in. 直到它们被充分磨合。
Of 当然。
course, I'm just a passenger. 我只是个乘客。
I leave it to your good offices to decide what's best. 我就交给您来决定如何是好。
What a glorious end to your final crossing 这将是你最后一次航行的多么辉煌的结局啊
if we were to get into New York on Tuesday night 如果我们能在周二晚上抵达纽约
and surprise them all. 并给他们一个惊喜。
Make the morning papers. 登上早报。
Retire with a bang, 轰轰烈烈地退休,
eh, E.J.? 是吧,E.J.?
Good man. 好样的。
Well, after that, 嗯,在那之后,
I worked on a squid boat in Monterey, 我在蒙特雷的一艘捕鱿鱼的船上工作。