瑞德假释听证会真情告白
类别:经典电影
瑞德在假释听证会上真诚回答,最终获得释放。
时长 56 秒 · 语速 167 wpm
字幕原文
Sit down. Ellis Boyd Redding. 请坐。 埃利斯·博伊德·雷丁。
If I'll say you've served 40 years of a life sentence, 如果我说你已经服了40年的无期徒刑,
you feel you've been rehabilitated? 你觉得自己已经改过自新了吗?
Rehabilitated? 改过自新?
Well, now, let me see. 嗯,让我想想。
You know, I don't have any idea what that means. 你 知道,我根本不知道 那是什么意思。
Well, it means you're ready to rejoin society. 嗯,这意味着你已经准备好重新融入社会了。
I know what you think it means, honey. 我知道你觉得它是什么意思,伙计。
To me, it's just a made-up word. 对我来说,这只是个编造出来的词。
A politician's word, so that young fellows like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. 政客的词,这样 像你这样的年轻人就能穿上西装 打上领带, 有份工作。
What do you really want to know? 你到底想知道什么?
Am I sorry for what I did? 我为我所做的事感到后悔吗?
Well, I... 嗯,我...
There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. 我没有一天不感到后悔。
Not because I'm in here, because you think I should. 不是因为我在这里, 而是因为你认为我应该。
I look back on the way I was then. 我回想起我那时的样子 。
A young. Tell him the way things are. 一个年轻人。 告诉他事情的真相。
But I can't. That kid's long gone. 但我不能。 那个孩子早已不在了。
This old man is all that's left. 剩下的只有这个老人了。
I got to live with that. 我必须承受 这一切。
Rehabilitate it. truth. 改造它。 真相。