安迪的墨西哥梦想与人生抉择
类别:经典电影
安迪向瑞德描绘墨西哥梦想,并提出“忙着活或忙着死”的人生抉择。
时长 92 秒 · 语速 156 wpm
字幕原文
It's in Mexico. 它在墨西哥。
A little place on the Pacific Ocean. 一个位于太平洋的小地方。
You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? 你知道墨西哥人怎么谈论太平洋吗?
No. 不知道。
They say it has no memory. 人们说它没有记忆。
That's where I want to live the rest of my life. 那就是我想要度过余生的地方。
A warm place no memory. 就在海滩上, 买一艘没用的旧船
Open up a little hotel... right on the beach, 然后把它修好,焕然一新。 带我的客人出去,
buy some worthless old boat and fix it up new. 包船钓鱼。 对娜奥米说什么? 你知道吗,那样的地方,我需要一个会搞定事情的人。
Take my guests out, charter fishing. 我觉得我在外面活不下去,安迪。 我这辈子大部分时间都在这里。
Say what to Naomi? 我现在是个体制内的人了。
You know, a place like that, I could use a man that knows how to get things. 你懂的,在那种地方,我需要一个有门路能弄到东西的人。
I don't think I could make it on the outside, Andy. 我不认为我能在外面生存下去,安迪。
I've been in here most of my life. 我大半辈子都在这里。
I'm an institutional man now. 我现在是一个体制内的人了。
It's like Brooks was. 这就像布鲁克斯那样。
Well, you underestimate yourself. 唉,你低估了自己。
I don't think so. In here, I'm the guy who can get things for you, sure, 我不这么认为。在这里,我是那个能帮你搞定事情的人,当然。
Outside, all you need is the Yellow Pages. 在外面,你需要的只是黄页。
Hell, I wouldn't even know where to begin. 那家旅馆,那艘船... 我觉得这要求并不过分。
Pacific Ocean? Shit. 我觉得你不应该这样折磨自己,安迪。 这只是些糟糕的白日梦。
About to scare me to death, something that big. 快要吓死我了,那东西太大了。
Not me. I didn't shoot my wife, and I didn't shoot her lover. 不是我。我没有射杀我的妻子,也没有射杀她的情人。
Whatever mistakes I made, I paid for them, and then some. 不管我犯过什么错,我都已经付出了代价,而且还远远不止。
That hotel, that boat... I don't think that's too much to ask. 那家旅馆,那艘船……我不觉得这个要求算过分。
I don't think you ought to be doing this to yourself, Andy. 我觉得你不该这样折腾自己,安迪。
It's just shitty pipe dreams. 这不过是些该死的白日梦罢了。
I mean, Mexico is way the hell down there, 我是说,墨西哥远在天边,
and you're in here, and that's the way it is. 而你却在这监狱里头,现实就是如此。
Yeah, right. 是啊,没错。