安迪争取图书馆扩建
类别:经典电影
安迪向狱友提出扩建监狱图书馆的计划,并准备为此写信。
时长 79 秒 · 语速 184 wpm
字幕原文
I nearly soiled myself. 我差点吓尿了。
All Andy needed was a suit and a tie and a little jiggly hooligal on his desk. 安迪所需要的只是一套西装 一条领带,还有他桌上那个摇摇晃晃的小玩意儿。
He would have been Mr. Dufresne, if you please. 他就会是杜弗雷恩先生了, 如果你愿意的话。
Making a few friends, huh, Andy? 交了几个朋友,是吧,安迪?
I wouldn't say friends. I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial plans. 我不会说是朋友。 我是一个被定罪的杀人犯,提供可靠的财务规划。
It's a wonderful pet to have. 这是一个很棒的宠物。
Got you out of the monitor, though, didn't it? 让你摆脱了监视, 不是吗?
I might do more than that. 我可能会做得更多, 不止于此。
How about expanding the library, get some new books in there? 扩建一下图书馆怎么样?弄些新书进去?
I'm gonna ask for something, ask for a pool table. 我要提个要求,要一张台球桌。
Right. 好吧。
How do you expect to do that? 你打算怎么做 呢?
I'm getting new books in here, Mr. Dufresne, 我会 在这里弄些新书,杜弗雷恩先生,
if you please. 如果你愿意的话。
I'll ask the warden for funds. 我会向典狱长申请资金。
Son, son, son, six wardens have been through here in my tenure, 孩子,孩子,孩子,在我任职期间,这里已经换了六任典狱长了,
and I've learned one immutable universal truth. 我学到了一个不变的普遍真理。
Not one of them born. 他们没有一个是天生大方的。
Whose asshole wouldn't put her up tighter than a snare drum when you ask him for funds? 谁的屁股不会比小军鼓还紧绷 当你向他要钱的时候?
My budget's stretched thin as it is. 我的预算已经很紧张了。
I see. 我明白了。
Perhaps I could write the State Senate and request funds directly from them. 也许我可以写信给州参议院 直接向他们申请资金。
As far as they're concerned, only three ways to spend the taxpayers' hard-earned when it comes to prisons. 在他们看来,纳税人的血汗钱只有三种花法, 涉及到监狱的时候。
More walls, more bars, more guards. 更多的围墙,更多的铁栏,更多的狱警。
Still, I'd like to try with your permission. 尽管如此,如果得到你的允许,我还是想试试。
I'll write a letter a week. 我每周会写一封信。
They can't ignore me forever. 他们不可能永远无视我。
Sure can. But you write your letters if it makes you happy. 他们当然可以。 但你还是写你的信吧, 如果这能让你开心的话。
I'll even mail them for you. 我甚至可以帮你寄。
How's that? 怎么样?