大使狼狈回家,妻子惊问缘由

类别:时事新闻

埃斯卡洛比亚大使回家吃午饭,脸色苍白、衣服凌乱。妻子追问下得知,大学生上午放火烧了大使馆,大使下楼救火时被下属用灭火器误喷,帽子还被子弹打穿。大使冷静讲述,妻子震惊不已。

时长 103 秒 · 口音 英式 · 语速 108 wpm

字幕原文

Lesson 95 A Fantasy When the ambassador of Escalopia returned home for lunch, 第95课 幻想

his wife got a shock. 当埃斯卡洛比亚大使回家吃午饭时

He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state. 他妻子吓了一跳

What has happened? 他脸色苍白,衣服也搞得一塌糊涂

she asked. 出什么事了?

How did your clothes get into such a mess? 她问道

A fire extinguisher, my dear, 你的衣服怎么搞成这样?

answered the ambassador dryly. 灭火器,亲爱的

University students set the embassy on fire this morning. 大使冷冷地回答

Good heavens, 今天上午大学生们放火烧了大使馆

exclaimed his wife, 天哪

and where were you at the time? 他妻子惊叫道

I was in my office as usual, 那你当时在哪儿?

answered the ambassador. 我像往常一样在办公室

The fire broke out in the basement. 大使回答道

I went down immediately, of course, 火是从地下室烧起来的

and that fool, Horst, 我当然立刻下去了

aimed a fire extinguisher at me. 结果那个笨蛋霍斯特

He thought I was on fire. 拿灭火器对着我喷

I must definitely get that fellow posted. 他以为我着火了

The ambassador's wife went on asking questions 我非得把那个家伙调走不可

when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat. 大使夫人继续追问

And how can you explain that? 突然她注意到丈夫帽子上有个大洞

she asked. 那这个你怎么解释?

Oh, that, said the ambassador. 她问道

Someone fired a shot through my office window. 哦,那个啊,大使说

Accurate, don't you think? 有人朝我办公室窗户开了一枪

Fortunately, 准头不错,是吧?

I wasn't wearing it at the time. 幸好

If I had been, 我当时没戴着它

I would not have been able to get home for lunch. 要是戴着的话